Tuesday, January 29, 2008

31 Comes So Softly

And so it came to pass and I turned 31, ever so slightly and so softly. A new year beckons and as my resolutions start dropping into place, I know that I am moving through to the blessings God has offered me.

Financially, I'm out of credit card debt and my credit score is almost the opposite it was just 10 years ago. I have savings in the bank, in case of emergency and high credit limits I will never touch because I've learned to be more frugal and fiscally responsible. And yet I have so much more to learn.

I used to take out a cash allowance for lunch but that hasn't been my habits as of late and so I will keep myself more accountable for making sure I'm spending my money on the right things at the right time.

When I am braver, I will post my financial goals and let you, the audience help keep me accountable. Until then, I am learning from my favorite bloggers: Stop Buying Crap, Christian PF, and Gather Little By Little about the necessary tools to build a healthy lifestyle of balance, of savings, and yet still relying on God to take care of me.

It is a wonder how often we stumble around in life only to realize time is still passing us by. My purpose is to keep up with my reading of the Bible, which I'm trying for daily, and to continue to follow God's lead. I think there is my plan.

By living God's will, I've forgotten the fears of the past. And somehow I'm seeing life anew. I pray that I can find a congregation that God can call me to where making a difference matters and not rock 'n roll.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 - "Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home