Saturday, December 29, 2007

Snowy Roads, Christmas Memories, and a New Car

and a partridge in a pear tree... :)

The snow was really coming down the weekend before Christmas, my celebration with my family in Chicago. I'd flown in to a $400 discount in comparison to flying the weekend after. The first night wasn't so bad; but then it was snowstormin'. Myself and my family are driving down a "highway" or so it may have been if I could've seen the road. I gripped tightly to the steering wheel looking at the mausoleums of dead SUVs and sedans puzzled into white drifts on the sides. Trying to keep the Toyota Corolla rental in those truck tracks because something bad was going to happen if I didn't.

But we made it home and had a good time.

Then the next weekend ole Blue Eyes and I headed up to Northern California to visit his parents for Christmas. The road there is always so much faster than the road back down. But we got to ride in his new 2008 Toyota Matrix on the way down. All fresh miles slipping off on the 5 southbound. The laughter, the board games, the family, and the food all twizzle together in my thoughts and it was Jesus Christ came down that night.

But we made it home and had a good time.

So the new year is upon us and I also have a SILVER 2008 Scion tC to celebrate this year. That was my own present giv'n at the start of December. A thought to the reason for the season goes a long way. Love to all, Peace and Joy. And Thank God He Sent His Son.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home