Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Risky Business

Denying my skills nothing, I pressed the chalk against the tip. I eyed the table for the ones that were mine. Blurred thinking, on account of the vodka, I carefully (probably more carefully than when sober) eyed my choices. And some obvious choices piqued my interest.

Swift aim and the right spin, the cue ball methodically spun towards its prize. Connection was swift and crackled, pain wretching but no time to think about that as the red 3 zoomed along the velvet planet drawing near the dark black hole, where none come out, and all save one go in.

The ball drops and a 'whoop' escapes my lips beneath the dimly lit ceiling. I hadn't really won anything; the battle still goes on. But somehow, in my heart of hearts, I feel the pulse of love beating on the gate.

Dare I drink that much fun? I do.

Things to cross off the Life List of Things To Do Before Death:

1. Party crash

1 Comments:

Blogger Leese said...

I wish I had the balls to do that. Hell, skill in pool would be nice too!

8/26/2005 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home