Sunday, May 07, 2006

Volunteering

I know that my blogs have become slightly obsessive accolades to my furbabies, but they have become a big part of my life. I started volunteering for the Southern California Siamese Rescue about a week ago, and my life has changed for the better. Today, I got to play with four very adorable furballs no heavier than my cell phone.

It's hard to believe my growing beasts were once that size.

I'd have to say that volunteering has left me with a better life view, even with such an idiot in the White House. It kinda makes me feel as if I can change the world, even if just a little. Sure there is so much mess, but for once I'm not uselessly complaining about politics that I no longer can fix, at least I can try at the next election.

Which makes me wonder which Democrat I want to run against Arnold. We have to get that numbskull out.

I'm still struggling to understand why gas prices get to rise to 3.50 and the oil companies are enjoying their highest profits ever. Is there something wrong with a picture where someone is making all the money off of stuff everyone has to have? (Come on, Los Angeles has no public transit system.) This sounds alot like dictatorship. How dare Bushy call Saddam evil until he's looked at himself in the mirror.

Anyway, spring is slowly sifting its way into the air. And I guess I've started to do a lot more outdoor stuff, less indoor games. The internet is losing it's grasp on the features that the sunny spring days allure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Jaded- Cats have a sort of integral (rather than derivative)
way of acknowledging affection: Slow to warm, then slow to cool. In a little while, you'll have a cadre of devoted feline love-slaves, poncing about with the most
outrageous (though totally feigned) indifference;-)

5/17/2006 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home