Sunday, March 19, 2006

As If Life Isn't a Metaphor for After Life

Thank you readers for hanging on.. and a nod to Gfish for reading my last post. I had a dark period which has now passed. Thank God. :)

I went to a concert tonight. Mozart and Mahler, two very different composers, two fine symphonies. I thoroughly enjoyed the swift river-like flow the pieces encapsulated. As the music played, I felt myself visualizing a prairie field, the weeds blowing in a late spring breeze. And of course a historical past that could only belong to perhaps my great grandparents. I got nostalgic for that time period.

Whenever I read Faulkner, or another great American literary writer, I always find myself wondering how these folks have so much leisure time. I know that with technology, we've built ourselves alot of free time. However, it doesn't always seem so. As we climb our corporate ladders or soccer mom schedules, or whatever, we are all feeling the crush of time. I know that even most nights I get to bed before 11:30 or midnight but still feel there just isn't enough time. I think that there are only three things I need to refoucs on for importance: God, Family, Friends.

And maybe just lying in a field on a warm spring day, watching the clouds play.

I just added my two babies below to my family. Tai is the lady gray tabby and Kenobi (yes I'm a Star Wars geek) is the white baby boy. I feel my heart expanding at this very moment, just treasuring their very funny kitten antics. You haven't lived until you've seen a white kitten jumping over the charging gray mass of fur hurtling towards him, all in a split second.

Wow I wish I was that smart. ;)




2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

So sweet. I'm jealous - as much as I love my goldfish, they're just not quite as cute :)

3/22/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger JadedTLC said...

Thank you guys. They are so adorable.

4/05/2006 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home