Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Reason Why Kisses Don't Dream

And under soft, it danced. Some painted lust.
Unsung hero, forgetful foolish friend,
so many mirrors hung fulfilled in dust-
like silk impressed on parted edges. There, end-

ed startled shadows bleeding petal prid-
ed class of strangled stranger's sparse predict-
ion: Never pretend love, as glass unbri-d
led, sparkling frozen diamond champagne picked

from hearth to glacier falls. Undone by word,
just one blended cappuccino bliss.
The girl, her lips -- pressed together purred
in draped despair, unfurled story. His kiss

that destiny in wicked crimson joy
unsnaps the lady's tickled jaded toy.



©1999 R A Jutzi




And so I wrote a sonnet in fifteen minutes way back when. Every time I had previously tried to write one they sounded awful. Subject matter sucked. Not until I literally pulled all the description out of me, all the emotion of being suckered, being rejected, wanting revenge, once that was done -- I wrote this genius piece in fifteen minutes. It is rare that I connect with my true soul; it is rarer still that I have allowed my audience a peek at it. Enjoy.

Also feel free to comment if you have any interpretations.

3 Comments:

Blogger JadedTLC said...

Glad to hear it. :-)

8/29/2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger JadedTLC said...

It was a little of both (I know, how trite.) But I've grown way past this point.. plus it was more or less fictional -- a little of what was and what will be mixed with what I wish would have happened. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, sorry so slow on the response -- started dreamweaver 1 this week. :-)

8/31/2005 7:11 PM  
Blogger batool said...

i know what you mean by letting go of the description to come up words to truly manifest what all that pain feels like. i am glad you overcame this hurdle. i on the other hand am still torn between the two. beautifully written i must say.
p.s. spam is all i get for some reason:)

9/22/2005 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home