Monday, October 31, 2005

And Then I Woke Up

Beep beep beep beep. Ok, already, , I'm awake. My eyes blink in the sunlight. What was I dreaming? Oh, yeah, that. Again.

Sliding my legs together, imagining myself actually getting up, I look at the closet door, deciding what I'm going to wear. It's the same routine every morning. Sometimes two snoozes, sometimes three, but never more than five.

"Ehhhh." I whine to myself as I realize I'm lying at an angle across my full-size bed.

Why has morning come so soon?

It's Monday. The most-hated day of the seven brothers. I'm grumbly as I get up and stumble to the bathroom to feel the hot steam smoothing away the sheet creases from a desperate night. After a comforting shower, I feel ready to join the ranks of commuters, even as a yawn escapes my lips.

I carefully lock the door behind me, oops, forgot my cell phone (again) -- I start realizing my memory capacity has been shrinking just as my my alcohol tolerance has escalated -- I unlock, run, grab, re-lock.

Press CALL on the elevator (i know no up or down); and wait like a century for the elevator to arrive. I heard it like 2 seconds ago, open doors open dammit. Maybe it would've been more efficient to walk around outside to the 2nd story belowground parking area. I close my eyes and let myself "nap," if you will. Ahh, open elevator doors; open eyes.

Start car. Drive. Fast. Get out of my way now! Loud music! Drive more. Fast.

Work. Lunch. Work. Home.

AND FIVE WHOLE HOURS TO WASTE ON SOMEONE/SOMETHING. Are you interested?

2 Comments:

Blogger grumblefish said...

Stop, stop... you're killing me, TLC! ;-)
Better yet, swear off espresso, for life. The things you're looking for aren't available off the rack- they're custom-made,
and you'll have to tinker with the design to get it the way you want. There's room for the cell phone, under the left rear tire, and the Blackberry goes under the right. OK,
now, fire up the Boxter and enjoy the view!

10/31/2005 3:32 PM  
Blogger JadedTLC said...

LOL. Can't give up caffeine; too addicted. It's too late for me and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf hasn't started any "phillip morris-like" ads to help me quit.

And dude, it wouldn't be a Boxter, but a 911 turbo, cherry red, convertible, custom-designed. :)

11/02/2005 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home