Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Terminitor

I had dinner with my ex roommate the other day, and it felt like visiting my ex husband. Which isn't unlike what it started to feel like, after four or so years. It was really good seeing him, but had that hint of awkward memory hanging by a thread, where bitterness was fading, but still somehow attached. Things always move forward though, and by holding on to the past we just lose touch with reality as it is.

Desire, unrequited, remains within. I realize the theme here -- I keep coming back to it. Somehow I'm always the asker-outer, never the asked. Perhaps, that's in my best interests, but still; it'd be nice to have a guy try to kiss me. For once. (whiny moment: why do i have to do all the work.) That said, ok. All better.

Summer ended and somehow it opened with so much promise and settled into stagnating serenity. Like a pond that's beautiful, slight ripples of a breeze, not an ocean of opportunity bringing waves of disappointment and joy in every wave.

Stealing time for a moment, that's all I want to do. I did it once, and got away with it, but there's still a part of me that thinks I may have squandered a part of it. Fool that I am, I believe it can be done again. I'm highly competitive and not one to give up so easily, not unlike the Roadrunner and Tom of Tom and Jerry. So, how does one dust herself up after falling off the cliff over and over again. One does, I say, one does.

Ok, out of the stupid relationship babble...
I have termites in my apartment and I hate them. I drowned several of the little buggers with 409 and felt great joy as they struggled and finally drowned. Ew. If anyone knows how to kill a minor amount of termites. Do tell do tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Termites have love lives too ya know...

9/30/2005 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home