Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Risk - More Than Just A Game

To start:
Notes from September 19, 2005

It was as if summer and fall were ice-blended on the breeze. Sufers riding out dusk's dust. I wanted to be on that sailboat out there softly churning the high tide as the sun landed on the ocean. And more than that; I caught myself by surprise -- I wanted to be in love again.

The sun began to slip into the shadows. As night eclipsed day, romance gasped its last breath. And I was normal again.

As I left the beach:
an old woman in lavender and sequins holds her poodle tightly as she views the dying day. perhaps she misses her husband -- dead and gone -- and is reminiscing about him. in this moment, i think i know how she feels, just a little bit.



In a matter of 20 minutes, I fell into and out of love (again). And the feeling was climatical. I felt a serenity that held me close, made me comfortable; I knew security and guiltless freedom. I was responsible for nothing and no one, in just that singular section of time.

I'm still reflecting.

In other news, I'm taking Dreamweaver so my websites can look better. (randomnity the colony, and whatthefreak.net) And that kills one night a week. I'm going to London for Thanksgiving.. and that's awesome news! May our prayers go out to Hurricane Katrina survivors and Hurricane Rita (i hope it's not as bad).

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Summer on the brink of fall... I like that feeling/time of year too.

9/23/2005 6:28 AM  
Blogger Uno said...

I'm not really sure what to say. Just read this one and Sea Son. Absolutely beautiful, B.

9/23/2005 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home