Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tier Two

Dedicated to Maverick

Tier One

These are the people you are really interested in. You will drop all plans to spend time with them. And most of the time they are your boyfriend/girlfriend.

Tier Two

These are people you are willing to make plans with. These individuals are very high up on the priority list, although not necessarily consuming your mind.

Tier Three

These are "last-minute" folks. If you are being called at 6 pm to hang out at 8 pm, hold no doubt - you are NOT a priority in her/his mind.

Tier Four

You are a booty call. Make no mistake about it. This means that your "friend" scanned the club scene, couldn't find anything decent and now it's 1am and you're suddenly on the radar. Gimme a break folks, don't hang on to these jerks.

I write this because there was nearly a miscommunication with a "friend." Falling in love is not much of a factor for me -- not towards him. Realization of facts and no longer fantasies changed all that.

I've gone the route of broken heart many a year ago and arrived here. Although I no longer deny the existence of love, I do not see myself standing there in this next breath.

Faded are the memories of joy and agony, like the yellowed edges of a document from the late 1800s. I've stared down the barrel of reality for far too long, and until recently, I had not realized my full potential. My heart could be captured and capsized, but not so easily as once upon a time.

Perhaps, I underestimate the power of it, but that does not disturb me. Should it overpower without my notice, I would gladly embrace it, if only for the moment of the first star blinking in the nighttime sky, the moment before the sun lands on the ocean, the moment a seedling rises through the warm soil.

And now I'm watching Dr. Phil -- and he's talking about cheating spouses. And it wrenches my gut. How can you pledge true love forever to someone and just trash it? I cannot understand why you don't just leave someone instead of pushing them through a hurricane and a half. I cannot comprehend that idea.

So I will be using this phrase going forward:

My heart: You break it, You buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home