Friday, December 02, 2005

After London: The Debriefing

The Tube

One of the greatest manmade inventions. Transportation that is easy-to-use, fun, and in general a great idea. How come Los Angelians are idiotic -- too idiotic for a tube? I don't know but it sure would save on cabs after pub crawling.

Pub Crawling

Yet another great idea. And can I just say, "hooked on Cider"? Who would've known the blessed blonde highlights would catch my eye. That I would savor its breathy flavor. Mmmm. And yes I do miss it. Notice how happy Obi Wan is at the pub. See, everyone's happy there.


The Weather

It was not raining when we went. It barely drizzled. However, we were absolutely freezing. Brrr.. no wonder the state stays drunk. I would too, if it guaranteed me the "toasty" feeling.

The Tea

It was very yummy. I love tea.

American Food

ACK! Nasty. Believe me folks, American fast food may be bad FOR you but it tastes much much much better than the fare you guys are stuck eating there. Subway sandwiches actually taste good over here. And Burger King burgers are not dry and tasteless.

Ewan McGregor Singing Live

Isn't he hot? Yes he is. And he was clean-shaven, singing "Luck be a Lady Tonight." He even looked me straight in the eye as he bowed at the end of the evening. No, seriously, he really did. Ask my witness! I swooned. I almost fell off the balcony. Ewan McGregor is Positively the hottest thing this Christmas. Can I have him please? You can leave the gift wrap off!

Anyway, to say the least, I loved London. Sorry Jen and Jimmy that I couldn't get to Ireland, but alas, I WILL be going to Dublin one day. Like I said, I think I really enjoy countries that speak English. And I love Cider from England (our stuff is disgusting). And if yours is even better, of course, I'll be visiting! I loved my trip, even though it was short and took a week to just get some kind of words out. Nothing pretty, because I could never say just how awesome it was. And the folks there were really nice. Brilliant even!

4 Comments:

Blogger JadedTLC said...

Update: I forgot to say that the trip home 11 hour flight, 2 hour delay in the plane before leaving and 1 hour additional delay outside of the plane due to a fuel spill were NOT fun. And my souvenir cold was equally as bad, if not worse. Cost me three sick days and a lot of Kleenex/meds. :-(

12/07/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

The Tube - I agree, it is fantastic.

Pub Crawling - do you not do this in LA?!

The Weather - England is the coldest place I have ever been. It is way colder in the winter than Ireland is. I only realised this about 2 years ago and it really shocked me.

Tea - the ultimate comfort drink. In fact I just finished a cup.

American Food - you mean it's not gross in America?! Cool. (Although Burger King Chips are delicious here.)

Ewan McGregor Singing Live - was he in a West End show or something? How did you get to see this!? That's so cool that you got the look of love from him.

Really glad you had a great time and that you got to taste some yummy cider. Were you drinking Magners? cos that's what we drink (only it's called Bulmers in Ireland.) I also love English speaking countries - it just makes everything so much easier and you can get a better sense of the culture and stuff. Hurray for London : )

12/09/2005 4:20 AM  
Blogger Leese said...

Welcome back...glad to hear you had a great time. I see you figured it out...easy enough, yes?

12/11/2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger Uno said...

Oh sweet Jesus, am I going to have to regulate? Must you be one of those travelers who returns from abroad only to immediately mark the myriad ways in which your hometown sucks?

The Tube

First of all, what's this "Los Angelians" business? Never hoida tha woid. Los Angelinos are not too idiotic for a tube, buddy. We happen to live in the most earthquake-prone area in the goddam country, which somehow makes the idea of a comprehensive underground transit system slightly less appealing.

Pub Crawling

I can't tell you how many LA pub crawls I've missed out on, but the number is large. Either get yourself invited to one, or start one of your own, cos they do exist here.

The Weather and Food

This you got right. All intelligence I've ever been privy to suggests that the grub over there is shite. As for SoCal weather: 15 million people can't be wrong.

Ewan McGregor

You should have chucked your Obi-Wan action figure at him.

Okay, I'm done taking the piss. I am glad you had a good time. Welcome back to the place that's only a few miles from The Happiest Place on Earth.

kid

12/15/2005 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home